Koç University Office of International Office (OIP) avails a wide range of opportunities for the exchange. Outgoing students who are willing to take courses at undergraduate level education programs of other universities in Turkey or abroad should follow the Course Equivalency Procedure (CEP). CEP ensures a safe credit transfer for the courses taken in the exchange. CEP is valid for the courses taken by the OIP or by your own means.
Course Equivalency Procedure (CEP)
- Please read the Course Equivalency Procedure.
- Plan your exchange, you may visit your academic advisor for your course plan.
- Before you leave for the exchange, you should get the pre-approval of the Faculty Administrative Board for the courses you’re planning to take from the other University. Pre-approval application must be filed using the online pre-approval form as early as possible and strictly no later than 20 days before your departure date.
- Course approval procedures will be followed by the Dean’s Office and the decision of the Faculty Administrative Board regarding your application will be sent to your e-mail address within two weeks of the pre-approval application filing.
- If you need to make a change the pre-approved courses during the exchange, please repeat the pre-approval process by filling in the online pre-approval form again by marking the Update option.
- When you return, please deliver your official transcript to the Dean’s Office.
- If there is no inconsistency between your transcript and your Pre-Approval Decision, your final Faculty Administrative Board decision will be notified to the Registrar’s Office. The post-decision processing will be carried out by the Registrar’s Office.
Note: Students who are accepted by Inter-Institutional Transfers must fill in the online pre-approval form once they have completed their registration and their KU mail account has been activated.