Summer Practice Guidelines

Compulsory Internship should be in line with the Internship Procedure of Koç University, the Internship Procedure of the College of Engineering and the Chemical and Biological Engineering Department specific rules. Timeline and important dates of the compulsory internship are specified in the following.

Voluntary Internship can only be requested by filling the online Summer Practice Info Form.

Important Dates for Summer’2023

Course Registration on KUSIS: 02.06.2023 – 08.09.2023
Deadline for the Student’s Evaluation Form*: 02.11.2023
Deadline for report uploading**: 02.11.2023
Grading of the report: 29.01.2024

* Daily Report should be uploaded with this form.
** Summer Practice Report must be upload to the TURNITIN.

Timeline for the Compulsory Internship

  1. Find a company suits the Specific Rules of your Program.
  2. Ask the company to fill out the online Form for Incentive Fund (This form is valid for national companies only.)
  3. If the company requests a signed Compulsory Summer Practice Letter, please prepare the letter with your information and sent it to your program admin via CE Track-it.
  4. Fill out the online Summer Practice Info Form one week before the start of the internship, which is a sharp deadline. Statement of employment document will be sent to you one day before the start of your internship via e-mail by the KU HR department.
  5. Register to the designated Summer Practice course (CHBI 291 or 391) from the KUSIS only within the registration deadlines (as specified above).
  6. Start the practice.
  7. Don’t forget to keep a Daily Report from the first day during the internship. Take your supervisor’s signature on every page and upload the completed version to the Intern Evaluation Form.
  8. After completing the summer practice,  write your Summer Practice Report as specified by your department.
  9. Upload your report electronically to Turnit-in under the course code you have registered from KUSIS.

Final Check Points

  • Make sure that you have filled the Intern Evaluation Form and uploaded your Daily Report to the form.
  • Make sure that you have registered to the stated / right coded course from KUSIS.
  • Make  sure that you have uploaded your final report with the stated / right code to Turnit-in.
  • Make sure that the course codes in KUSIS and Turnit-in are the same.

Contact Points